- This story is an entry for
Jenni J's Trix-e-tron Challenge,
which happens to be
Jixemitri Circle Writing Challenge #8.
- Thanks to Jenni for the inspiration. This story never
would have been written without the interactive program
trixie-belden.com. The different covers and titles
really did inspire me to write!
- I chose #45 because it's my hockey number!
- For those of you who don't know, I lived in Puerto Rico for
two years while stationed at Naval Hospital Roosevelt Roads. I
have stayed at and/or visited all of the places depicted in this
- I have provided links throughout the story to things/places I
describe—they're completely optional, are not necessary to
follow the story, and only provided if you
want more info/pictures.
- The history of the Taíno
people and the island of Puerto Rico is true, but the legend
that carries this storyline is my own creation. I mean no
disrespect to the Taíno
- The picture at the top of this page and on the story page is a
photo of an ancient Taíno
Indian petroglyph that I stole from the Associated
Press (AP). I don't feel bad about this because a few weeks
ago one of their reporters called me at my job for expert help on a
microbiology graphic he was running the next day in a story.
He expected me to drop everything (which I did) and fix any
inaccuracies in the figure. I took hours to fix his
inaccuracies, and he never gave me credit or even thanked me!
But there, now I've stolen one of their photos and vented, so all
is good! :)
- All other pictures in this story are my copyright, taken when
I lived in Puerto Rico.
- The U.S. government has recently announced it's going to
close the Naval Station at Roosevelt Roads, the largest Navy Base
in the world.
- Although it may seem like it, this story was not
inspired by a certain episode of The Brady Bunch—it's all
- However, this story was influenced by the X-Files
episode entitled, "Teso Dos Bichos."
- Frommers.com rocks! :)
- A PDF Format is available (175 kb), but you don't get the links or the pictures.
Trixie Belden® is a registered trademark
of Random House Books. These pages are not affiliated with Random House Books in
any way. These pages are not for profit.
Story and graphics copyright GSDana